Case Study Summary:
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
Hycrome Europe, part of the Score Group, are engineering specialists for machining, grinding, coatings and surface treatments primarily working in the aerospace and petrochemical industry sectors. They specialise in turbine blade manufacture and repair for aero-engines and pumping systems.
- Complex documentation for each job resulted in variable quality in final painting. There were unacceptable levels of customer returns and failures in final inspection.
- Classroom training in creating and maintaining visual standards.
- Guidance and templates provided for the Paint Shop Manager to develop initial standards.
- Train paint shop employees in the use of visual standards.
- Self-sustaining capability to expand visual standards across all works.
- Simple visual standards on laminated sheets.
- Involvement of shop floor employees in developing standards.
- Simplification of documentation.
- Reduced cost of quality through reduced customer returns.
- Focus on built in quality rather than final inspection.
Knowledge Transfer at Hycrome (Europe) Ltd
What is an Operational Control Room?
The Operational Control Room is the nerve centre of the business. Used daily for operational management and monitoring daily progress of the business improvement plans. It is a focal point to maintain the business team consensus. Used to visually display business performance and communicate plans and performance.
The primary goal was to establish capability to convert common and standard activities within the individual works orders into simple visual standards reducing the size and complexity of works order documentation.
MEASURE & SUSTAIN
for that particular works order.
quality rather than final inspection.
“The introduction of Standard Operations ... has been a very effective solution to the repeat minor non-conformances. As a result, we have also adopted the same process in the other areas of our business”
John Roche, Quality Manager, Hycrome Europe
How can Redthorn help my business?
Don’t just take our word for it
Our software supports over 500 engineering and manufacturing businesses worldwide.
Visit the Knowledge Centre for more information or contact us to talk about how we can help your business grow.