Case Study Summary:
Gardner Aerospace manufactures machined and fabricated parts for the aerospace industry. Activities include 5-axis machining, turning, sheet metal fabrication, non- destructive testing, surface treatments, final assembly and kitting.
Various UK Sites
- Day to day operational problems were preventing progress in performance improvement plans. Required single point of accountability and capability to support implementation of improvement plans.
- Effective transfer of knowledge and practical lean thinking
- One to one coaching and support of the Change Agent
- Hands on practical demonstrations
- Specific training in lean tools and techniques
- Routine, frequent and formal measurement of operational performance
- Daily tracking of key performance indicators
- Improved management control
- Improved delivery and quality performance and improved on time in full delivery
- Balanced measurement of inputs, process and outputs
- Standardised diary defining drumbeat reviews and improving review process adherence and quality
Strategic Business Planning & Implementation at Gardner
The Need: The management team had identifed that day to day operational problems were preventing them from effectively and routinely progressing strategy and plans for performance improvement. They recognised the need to develop a single point of accountability and capability to support the implementation of their improvement plans.
The primary goal was to develop self-sustaining implementation and coaching capabilities in a member of the management team designated as the Change Agent. The approach was:
MEASURE & SUSTAIN
“This coaching intervention by Redthorn Ltd has helped us to refocus the management team on the key measures of performance and the need to rapidly solve day to day problems.”
Karl Lee, Site Director, Gardner Aerospace
How can Redthorn help my business?
Don’t just take our word for it
Our software supports over 500 engineering and manufacturing businesses worldwide.
Visit the Knowledge Centre for more information or contact us to talk about how we can help your business grow.